10 Best Black Tie Manicures for Holiday Parties
Posted by Elizabeth on Tuesday, December 4th, 2012
As the holiday season kicks into full gear, your nails need to be ready for all kinds of parties and gatherings, some of which may be black tie events or formal galas. If you’re going for a fancy night out, you want your nails to look their best. Focusing on formal black, here are 10 fantastic ways to dress up your nails for an unforgettable night out:
1. Black on Black. Possibly the single most elegant and formal design you’ll find anywhere, head out to your favorite spa to get this formal take on the French mani from Chloe’s Nails just right for your big night out.
2. The Tuxedo Mani. If you’re heading to a black tie formal, why not put it right on your nails? There are tons of tuxedo nail art designs out there. Here’s a high-end tuxedo mani as seen at the Ruffian Fall 2011 fashion show. And here’s a simpler design from Beautopia Nails.
3. Black Tie Affair. One way to dress up any base shade of polish (one that matches your dress), is to add on a layer or two of Black Tie Affair from Nails by Laura. It’s a large-shape glitter polish featuring bar, square and hexagon pieces in black and white suspended in a sheer gray base. Here is Black Tie Affair with Zoya Wednesday on Stephanie Louise All Things Beautiful. You can see it combined with other colors as well right here.
3. Black and White French Mani. The French manicure endures as your go-to elegant, classy design. For a black tie gathering, check out this black and white French mani from Pampered and Polished New Zealand. Note the innovative use of the half-moon only on the thumbnail.
4. Water Marble. Water marble designs are simply amazing. Good choices for your black tie event include this Black and White Water Marble Swirl or this Black and Gold Water Marble Design from Vinnae H.
5. Half Moon Rising. The reverse French mani is another great choice to dress up your nails for holiday gatherings. Check out this Black/Nude Half Moon Mani from A Girl Should be Two Things (Classy and Fabulous).
7. Striping Tape Designs. The sky is truly the limit when it comes to the careful use of striping tape designs for your holiday event nails. Check out the Rose Gold Beam Nails from Holy Manicures that also uses black rhinestones for a very classy look.
8. Black Caviar. Black Tie events are also a great time to bring out the caviar manicure, especially in black. Check out Ciate’s Black Caviar Manicure as posted on hold your horses.
9. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Black Tie. This polish from Sally Hansen comes up time and again as a great choice for formal events. It’s a duo-chrome that has refined blueish purple and green shades. See how Captivating Claws gives it a boost with a fun glitter at Sally Hansen Black Tie… (with a punch) or this even classier combination of Sally Hansen – Black Tie & Hard Candy – Pixie as seen on Nails and Noms.
10. Perfect Formula Black Tie. There’s a whole set of fantastic shades of polish from Perfect Formula. Clearly, Black Tie would work well, especially if combined with any of the interesting glitter polishes that have been highlighted throughout this article. Check it out, along with some of the other shades at Perfectly Polished Tips.
Any one of the design highlighted above will help you make a splash each one of the black tie events you attend this holiday season, so head out to your favorite spa or salon and get ready for you big night out!
Spa services and availability may vary by location. If you're booking an appointment for a specific treatment, please inquire when you call. We look forward to ensuring you have a wonderful experience at inSpa!
inSpa’s locations throughout Seattle and San Jose allow guests to look and feel great everyday with an extensive menu of spa and skin treatments. The Daily inSparation Blog offers the latest on treatments, trends, and tips to help you get the most out of your spa experience. To learn more about inSpa, visit the services menu and contact us today!